Here is a really quick and easy receipt for roasting chicken.
- 1 x Whole Fryer Chicken
- 2 TBSP Kosher Salt
- 2 TBSP Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Paprika (I like to use smoked paprika)
- 1 TeaSpoon Cumin
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 x Onion cut into 4 ring layers
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees
- Mix all of the seasonings, salt and pepper together in a bowl
- Put the mixed seasoning under the skin in the breast and thigh areas. Be generous.
- Generously sprinkle seasoning on the outside of the chicken with a focus on breast area
- Split the whole Chicken in half by cutting up the back with culinary scissors
- Flatten the chicken with the breasts facing up
- Pour olive oil in a a 10-12 inch pan and heat for 8 mins at med/high
- Carefully place chicken in hot pan breasts side down
- Cook for about 10 mins then remove chicken from pan
- Place the 4 whole layers of onion in the pan so they're flat
- Place the chicken back in the pan with the breast up this time.
- Place the pan with chicken into the oven and cook for 25 mins or until breast temperature is 165° degrees
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10 mins and serve.
Post a Comment